The following hair beauty recipes are referring to traditional hair remedies but simplified to be more easy to use. It improves the heath of your hair and relieves tangled hair. You can adjust them according to your personal preferences and creativities.
Rub over your hair with 2 to 3 drops of your favourite vegetable oils after shampooing, when your hair is still wet. Add a slightly little bit more in the next time if you think 2 to 3 drops would not be enough for your hair after the first try. If you only feel dry with the ends of your hair, just rub the oil into the very ends.
Avoid getting oil to your scalp; your scalp needs to be clean while your hair needs to be nourished. Clogged pores can be resulted with the build-up of excess oil and dead skin cell.
For those who with very dry scalp and fragile hair, add very few drops of oil or glycerine to the shampoo and use the mixture as regular shampoo. The oil will mildly eliminate the foaming affect of the shampoo. Your natural oil barrier of your scalp can be remained to protect and nourish your hair and scalp.
- If you accidently put more than enough oil for the recipes, just rinse your hair with warm water as you rinse off your hair conditioner.
Instead of using oil, water-based raw ingredients can also achieve a very good moisturising and hydrating effects to de-tangle your hair. Just explore all the possibilities in your kitchen or garden.
Flower hydrosols leave pleasant floral odor to your hair and effectively moisturise your hair and scalp. Witch Hazel, rose, lavender, camomile, neroli, calendula or the other flowers you desire can soothe and moisten your hair. Pour it in a clean spray bottle, spray it over and leave it on your hair after shampooing.
Flower or tea infusions also work! Make a cup of flower tea or normal tea; then rinse your shampooed hair with the tea and squeeze out the excessive liquid. Let it dried naturally. It creates a magic shine or a mild colouring to your hair. Chinese Keemun or Yunnan teas give the darker colour; Darjeeling and Ceylon blacks give a shiny gold tone. Alternatively you can spray it on your hair.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse removes the impurity and build-up on your hair and scalp and revitalise your hair. Add 1 part of Vinegar to 2 part of water; pour the solution through your hair. Rinse it out with water. Using this recipe at night can save your hair from being lightened with the acid reacting to the sun’s rays. Fresh lemon juice contributes to the same effects to your hair.
Easy and powerful tips for smooth and healthy hair:
- Comb your hair after it is totally dry. Wet hair is very fragile and it tangles more likely as the water increases the friction. You will break lots of your hair when you comb it wet. When your hair is being dried from shower, many of the hair knots are already relieved by themselves.
- Eat nuts and seeds as supplement of proteins, essential fatty acids and minerals.
- Don’t wash your hair too often. It trains the oil system of your scalp.
- Don’t always touch your hair. It will stimulate your scalp to generate more oil.
- Your natural hair colour is the prettiest for you. Don’t dye your hair!
- No hair dryers!
- No hair styling products!